I was tagged by The Lily Cafe to answer 11 questions about myself. This is very exciting as I have never even been tagged by anyone, let alone given an opportunity to link and interact with other bloggers. So here goes!
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you!
- Answer the 11 questions The Lily Cafe asked me about blogging.
- 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers.
- Ask nominated bloggers 11 questions.
The 11 questions
What book has had the biggest impact on you?
Oh, it’s been so long since I read properly. What with the new baby and all. But Pride and Prejudice is my very favourite book, the book that makes me just shiver with happiness but I don’t know if it has impacted me particularly. I found the Brendan Cox book about his wife very affecting, how he has tried to raise his children after her murder, and the way that he wrote about her life being cut short and how much she had left to teach them made me think about my own parenting.
What animal would you want to be for a day and why?
A cat. Obviously. I am very sleep deprived!
What is your favourite kind of music?
Disney songs. I know, I know! My daughters liking it at the moment is heaven. I also love acoustic female singers, like Brandi Carlile, Jewel, that type of thing.
Have you ever had a kitchen disaster? If so, what was it?
Many! I once had to throw away a frying pan on Pancake Day…
If you could go anywhere in the universe, on Earth or otherwise, where would you go?
I would take my family to Disneyworld. We would stay in one of those insane American villas with their own pool, and we would see Disney princesses and Cinderella’s castle. We would explore and eat ice cream and it would be wonderful!
What is your favourite holiday?
The first holiday with our girls. They were so tiny and we were so happy. I can’t remember the stresses, though I’m sure there were many, all I remember is the sun and the hope for the future.
Dog or cat? Fish?
Dog. Jody says cat. Can’t see us having either for a while.
Would you rather live on a mountain or in the desert?
Neither! Though I suppose if I had to choose, it would be a mountain. I’m not very good in the heat, I’ve literally never experienced heat above 30 degrees, I can’t imagine being hotter than that. I also have very white, very English skin and I dread to think how red I would go..
What is your favourite kind of dessert?
What is your favourite kind of post to write?
The really dark ones. I like exploring how I feel and the blog is my outlet for that. I like writing about my past, past relationships, people I used to know, I really feel as if I’ve gained some closure on things simply by being really honest and getting it out of my brain!
What advice would you give to other bloggers?
Write exactly what you want to write. Try not to worry about who’s reading it, just write. When I started mine in January, I had visions (hopes perhaps) of somehow making money from it, or becoming a mummy blogger but I quickly realised that I don’t want to write like that and I’m not sure that it’s even possible anyway in such a saturated market. So I just write what I want to write, and it gives me a sense of peace to hit publish, I do it before bed and I sleep better knowing that I’ve written.
The 11 random facts
1. I would love to study politics at University. Or become a local councillor. I probably won’t do either, but I care passionately about the state of politics
2. I have never felt a single contraction. Epidural then emergency c-section the first time, elective c-section the second. I’m not complaining about this though I will remain ever curious
3. I have a middle class accent but am very working class. I thank my parents for this, we were all expected to talk properly. No dropped t’s here!
4. I love hospitals but am really squeamish.
5. I hate, loathe overhead lights. I like lamps, soft diffused lights. I understand that having three lamps on uses more electricity than one overhead light but I don’t care, they make me feel as if I’m in an operating theatre.
6. I love American drama series. I’m currently watching Suits, I got bored of Greys Anatomy, loved Scandal, Homeland etc.
7. I am slightly obsessed with the Royal Family. I know random facts about them, am watching Suits because of Meghan Markle, it’s so weird, Prince Harry sees her naked, how strange is that?
8. My idea of a perfect day out is a coffee, a stately home and a long walk. I am apparently 76.
9. I sleep flat on the mattress with the pillows on top of my head. The idea of sleeping with my head uncovered gives me the heebie jeebies.
10. I adore instagram. It is my very favourite social media, I love the community, the memories, the lack of drama (for me anyway) and the idea of people all over the world congratulating me on the birth of my daughter makes me genuinely happy.
11. I miss meat. We went meat free at the beginning of March and I struggled initially but am now totally meat free. But I really miss bacon!
11 Questions for my Nominees
- What film could you watch over and over?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Do you mind if people you know read your blog? If so, why?
- What is your favourite social media and why?
- What quote do you try to live by?
- Do you ever have nightmares?
- What age would you be again if you could?
- Do you like having your photograph taken?
- What is your biggest insecurity?
- How would your children describe you?
- Are you happy?
Thank you so much for the nomination, and I hope my nominees have fun with this!